Products and promotions may differ based on your selected region.
X-ray CT Inspection Services
We offer a series of comprehensive in-depth high performing X-ray CT inspection solutions. Our experts offer knowledgeable and qualitative support in a broad range of fields with the efficiency you require. See how we approach challenging situations.
X-ray CT Inspection Services
Nikon Metrology X-ray & CT inspection services help you to focus on what matters to you, delivering high quality products in the shortest time possible. In a production environment where a fast solution to a problem is essential, internal material defects, complicated assemblies and hidden geometries can all be too complex and time consuming for manufacturers’ in-house inspection capabilities. In research and development, traditional methods of cutting and slicing parts to analyze internal structure add time and expense to the prototyping process, due to their destructive nature. If you are a manufacturer of components or assemblies incorporating plastics, metals, ceramics, electronic components or any combination of these, Nikon Metrology has in-house Inspection centers to perform X-ray and CT contract inspection services for new or existing clients.
Benefits of Nikon Metrology X-Ray & CT Services
- Over 30 years expertise in X-ray CT.
- Fully equipped laboratories featuring 160-450 kV micro CT systems.
- In case your in-house CT capacity is limited or not adequate for specific projects, rely on Nikon CT service capability.
- Small one-off projects to large batch inspections.
- Customer-tailored reports and project discussion.
- Controlled project costs instead of investment in own CT facilities.
- Short turnaround times.
What Nikon Metrology CT Technology Offers
- Microfocus sources reveal smallest details.
- Unique high-flux rotating targets for fast scan times.
- Wide range of systems for scanning small parts to large assemblies.
- Range of applications from organic to industrial.
- Non-destructive analysis preserves (expensive) samples.
- Material analysis, assembly evaluation and metrology CT (compare to CAD, GD&T).
- Measure internal and external dimensions simultaneously.
In House Inspection Facility
The Nikon Metrology in-house inspection facilities support aerospace, automotive, Formula 1, telecoms, pharmaceutical industries and many more. Samples examined range from the latest hi-tech microchip to a 65 million-year-old dinosaur egg. The possibilities are endless… Results may be supplied as easy-to-interpret reports, with still images, (tiff or jpeg) avi, or complete data sets. Short training sessions are also available enabling customers to operate the X-ray or CT systems independently and carry out their own inspection at the X-ray and CT competence centers.
Inspecting the outside of components is relatively straightforward, but the interior is another matter. It is nearly impossible to collect data without sectioning and destroying the item under investigation unless X-rays are used to penetrate it and reveal hidden features. However, manufacturers struggle to justify investing in an industrial X-ray system and CT reconstruction software if there is only an intermittent requirement. Nikon Metrology can deliver a solution by providing a contract X-ray CT inspection service. Whether it involves measuring the internals of an additively manufactured plastic part or spotting a crack propagating in a dense metal casting, we will be able to give you insight into the inside. Please fill out the form opposite and tell us what you need.