The Position will be within our system engineering team to design and develop new systems. The position will be in place to design & develop X-ray systems and X-ray system architectures to meet the needs of our customers and business. This position reports in to the System Engineering Director.
- Creation and derivation of System & architectural requirements throughout the development life-cycle
- To correctly identify and take into account input from all of the relevant stakeholders such as marketing, business mission/vision, service experience, academic research, legislation etc
- Correctly identify the standards to which the product must be designed and meet. In conjunction with this, will identify and highlight risk areas early in the project.
- Create the top-level documents and plans which captures how the product will be developed, ensuring consistency across the department.
- Validation of stakeholder requirements ensuring that they are acceptable and that the Nikon standards have been met.
- Responsible for requirements capture for the system & architectural level behaviours and characteristics in an ever increasing complexity product.
- Proposal and design of technically suitable architectures which are reviewed at a business level
- Support other engineering functions to ensure that their requirements align with the system and meets the system level needs.
- Lead the integration of solutions to ensure they do not conflict and that they do work seamlessly.
- Identify emerging properties as risks and opportunities early on in the project life-cycle
- Identify and manage the means of verification from start-to-end to ensure that the project is verified in a consistent manner.
- Working with the other department be the lead on verification activities, ensuring that the documentation is of high quality and on time. Confirming that the test results provide adequate evidence to verify requirements.
- Planning and estimating assigned workload as well as delivering set targets within the overall engineering project plan.
- Ensuring that finally the system is fully verified, requirements are fully traceable, and that the product can be successfully certified.
- Occasional support and oversight of production, service and obsolescence issues.
- Degree in System, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Knowledge and experience in electro/mechanical systems.
- Extensive experience in System engineering
- Experience of requirements capture, requirements management and configuration control
- Experience of the whole development life-cycle of a large-scale complex system
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Knowledge of x-ray systems
- EMC knowledge
- Regulatory aspects
- Advanced degree in System, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering
We live in a time of step-change technology, technology needs development, development needs testing and measurement – that’s where Nikon comes in. Nikon-X-Tek, as part of Nikon Metrology, provides state of the art X-ray and CT solutions to our customers in all walks of life from museums to motor sports, electric vehicles to spacecraft.
But we can only do it with talented employees who are ready to learn, contribute to our success and be part of the team. Nikon X-Tek is the company with opportunities ready to be taken in the electronics, electro-mechanical, mechanical and software world.