If you’re looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Metrology. We develop a wide range of measurement systems for dimensional quality control deployed worldwide in automotive, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries. Nikon Metrology has 10 offices and production sites in 8 countries.
The software team in Leuven, Belgium develops the software to control Nikon’s X-ray CT scanners and process the measurement data.
To strengthen this multidisciplinary agile team, we are looking for enthusiastic software engineers with a talent for software design, algorithms and machine learning, and a passion to build systems that exceed the customer’s expectations.
What are your responsibilities?
- You will work in an international environment at the cutting edge of technology.
- You will be part of a self-organizing agile team of developers and testers, creating Windows application software for X-ray computed tomography and inspection.
- You will design, develop, and test software components that are well-structured, well-defined, and maintainable.
- You will collaborate with product owners and research engineers to define product increments and estimate work.
- You will contribute to the continuous improvement of software engineering practices with your open communication and by sharing expertise.
What are your required qualifications and competencies?
- You hold a master’s degree in computer science or have proven equivalent experience.
- You are fluent in UML and object-oriented design patterns, and you have a talent for software design.
- You have a keen interest in the total measurement system which besides application software consists of device drivers, electronics, and precision mechanics. You have an analytical mind, and you learn quickly and independently.
- You are fluent in numerical computing, and love to develop and implement algorithms on CPU and GPU.
- You are highly proficient in C# and/or C++, or you are proficient in a similar object-oriented programming language and are able to quickly acquire proficiency in both C++ and C#.
- Knowledge of 3D geometry, parallel computing, image processing or machine learning is a plus.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation.
Please complete the form below and attach your CV.