Production Planner to undertake a varied role in support of a mechanical/electromechanical product portfolio and perform system administration on the organisations MRP system.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Manage the material requirements planning process and control inventory stocks using lean material management and control techniques.
• Perform detailed MRP administration ensuring data accuracy to assist with the manufacturing processes and for business analysis.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships across multiple functions including Sales, Service and Operations in order to realise the sales budget and customer satisfaction.
• Working with Manufacturing Managers to ensure effective loading of production areas and to minimize levels of work in progress.
• Increase and maintain MRP data integrity through pro-active measurement and analysis.
• Define and lead implementation projects to enable materials planning across multi
• Monitor material availability and advise impact on delivery dates.
• Investigate stock and work in progress discrepancies, report on and correct issues at root cause.
• Effective material planning and exceptional organizational skills.
• Excellent working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
• Computer literate, especially in MS Office.
• Able to demonstrate process improvement techniques and change management practices.
• Numerically accurate with a high attention to detail.
• Hands on approach to problem solving and conflict resolution.
• Ability to work well independently and with others across different departments.
• MS Dynamics Navision experience would be advantageous but not essential.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes within the X-ray industry.
A) Functional competencies
Able to communicate effectively in English – written and verbally.
Experience:Experience in production control preferably within an electrical/electro mechanical manufacturing environment.
B) Core competencies (all employees)
Be pro-active (Broad minded and well informed in order to act quickly and resolutely)
• In demonstrating new process improvement techniques and change management practices
• In reporting and progressing discrepancies, correcting issues at root cause.
Seek new knowledge
• Keep up to date with changing environments both within the elements directly effecting the day to day and the industry.
• Communicate clearly at all levels adapting detail and method to suit the audience.
• Listen to others and objectively consider their ideas and opinions, even when they conflict your views and ideas.
• Clearly explain complex and technical terms so that others will understand.
Display integrity (Work with diligence and sincerity as a responsible individual)
• Always work to the highest standards.
• Report any issues or behaviours you feel would jeopardise the reputation of Nikon.
• Be dependable and always consider other members of the team.
• Always take responsibility for your work and actions.
• Welcome and value different talents, perspectives and diverse cultures.
• Respect opinions and views of others.
• Respect the different cultures within Nikon.
• Welcome new experiences a diverse workforce can bring.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• This role is office based however there will be a significant requirement to be on the production floor to ensure the smooth movement of materials and to communicate production plan priorities.
Work location: Tring Division/Department: Planning Directly reports to: Planning Manager