If you’re looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Metrology. We develop a wide range of measurement systems for dimensional quality control deployed worldwide in automotive, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries. Nikon Metrology has 10 offices and production sites in 8 countries. Are you in for a cha(lle)nge?
We are looking for an enthusiastic HR Advisor based in Leuven – Belgium.
What is your role ?
You provide a full generalist service to Nikon Metrology entities within Continental Europe (currently NME & NMN in Belgium, GMBH in Germany and SARL in France) with emphasis on payroll, employee relations, recruitment, reward, learning and development, policy and process, ensuring compliance with best practice and legislative requirements.
Key areas of responsibility
Compensation & benefits
- Ensure monthly Belgian (including some expat and split payrolls), French and German payroll is done timely and correctly with a complete understanding and control of the payroll process, including calculation methods in all countries involved
- Ensure that all terms and conditions of service are properly and fairly implemented, and changes implemented in the payroll including annual pay award and other contractual changes.
- Ensure the provision of accurate information to staff about insurances and provide guidance for all cases of retirement and associated benefits in Belgium, France and Germany.
- Ensure guidance towards employees regarding social legislation matters in Belgium, France and Germany
- Complete understanding and control over insurances in all countries involved
Fleet / company cars
- Act as the main point of contact for all fleet related matters, including handling the entire process for ordering company cars, liaising between the lease company and employees in finalizing company car orders, negotiating with lease companies and dealers, regularly updating the car policy, verification of invoices, IFRS and other reporting, keep up to date with (tax) legislation and the market.
- Writing technical, reference and training manuals
- Administer the annual pay review process
- Benchmark salaries to ensure the company is competitive in the market place
- Follow-up on immigration matters with service provider
Employee Relations /Administration
- Provide a dedicated HR advisory service in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability matters, organization change and the full range of employment and employee relations matters in collaboration with the HR manager (recruitment, probation, performance management, attendance, discipline and grievance, ..)
- Support and coach managers and supervisors where their knowledge in employee relations are limited
- Investigate employee relations issues, recommending appropriate action in consultation with the HR Manager
- In consultation with the HR Manager: provide advice to managers regarding the process of organizational restructuring and redundancy and support them through the implementation process
- Develop and maintain collaborative and productive relationships with Nikon Metrology employees, establishing professional credibility
- Champion and support managers with the performance review process to ensure a culture of high performance
- Administer and coordinate the bi-annual performance review process.
- Administering new starters, leavers and employee changes, ensuring that HR Information Systems are up to date
- Preparation of HR related correspondence including contracts of employment, letters and associated documentation to support the employment of people within the organization
- Ensure the implementation of policies and processes
Policy and Process
- In consultation with the HR manager, prepare (write, draft) and keep up-to-date the HR policies and processes.
- In consultation with the HR manager, ensure the implementation and maintenance of policies and processes in all HR areas in Belgium, France and Germany in compliance with best practices and legislation.
- Keep abreast of employment law changes by regularly attending employment law seminars and reading legislation updates.
- Work with HR manager to establish recruitment requirements within the business and participate in the full cycle of the recruitment process in consultation with the HR and recruiting manager, from developing job descriptions, person specifications, advising and designing appropriate selection methods, and participating in interviews as required ensuring that that candidates are sourced, interviewed and recruited against agreed service levels.
- Act as a key contact for recruitment partners including advertising and recruitment agencies, and negotiate where necessary and in consultation with the HR manager all terms of business to ensure recruitment solutions are cost effective.
- Ensure that offer paperwork and pre-employment checks are conducted accurately
- Deliver informative and comprehensive first day new staff induction, managers and corporate inductions, updating content of inductions as required.
Learning and Development
- Administer and coordinate the company Learning and Development policy
- Develop and maintain a training plan and policy, working with the HR manager and managers to ensure that training needs are identified and addressed.
- Ensure on a monthly basis the (excel based (consolidated)) headcount reporting following instructions from the controlling department
- Ensure on a quarterly basis the (excel based) budget reporting following instructions from the controlling department
- Ensure quarterly publication of organisation chart
- Ensure regular reporting on employee absence and turnover is presented to Senior Management upon request
- Produce ad hoc reports as requested by HR Manager
Internal Prevention Advisor
- Act as the back-up of our internal prevention advisor
- At least 3 years of experience within a generalist and/or compensation and benefits HR role
- Good level of education achieved in math’s
- Mother tongue Dutch
- Good working knowledge of French and English
- Good level of education achieved in German
- Previous experience in a HR department
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including good knowledge of excel
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Confidentiality must be maintained at all times
Be pro-active :
- Deal with employee relation issues in a timely manner to prevent escalation
- Consider new ideas that can have a positive impact on the business and employees
Seek new knowledge :
- Keep up to date with any changes in legislation
- Keep up to date with any changes within the business, that may have an impact on HR policies and procedures
Communicate well :
- Use appropriate vocabulary for your audience and seek their understanding of your communication
- Listen to others and objectively consider their ideas and opinions, even when they conflict your views and ideas
- Clearly explain complex and technical terms so that others will understand
Display integrity :
- Always work to the highest standards
- Report any issues or behaviours from suppliers and employees you feel would jeopardise the reputation of Nikon
- Be dependable and always consider other members of the team
- Always take responsibility for your work and actions
Embrace diversity :
- Respect opinions and views of others
- Respect the different cultures within Nikon
- Welcome new experiences a diverse workforce can bring
- Respect your suppliers and procedures they may need to adhere to
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation.