If you’re looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Metrology. We develop a wide range of measurement systems for dimensional quality control deployed worldwide in automotive, aerospace, and other manufacturing industries. Nikon Metrology has 10 offices and production sites in 8 countries.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Applications Engineer business unit Europe based in France or Germany.
What is your role?
As an Applications engineer, you will be providing guidance and technical solutions during the pre-sales process identifying customers’ technical requirements.
As part of the small team, the application engineer will be involved in all stages of the presales process from demonstrations and benchmarking, to training as well as solutions development and implementation.
The application engineer will work closely together with the sales team and plan the work at a team level.
Key areas of responsibility
- Become a technical expert in X-ray & CT.
- Discuss technical issues and solutions with new and existing customer’s in the pre-sales process and meet their technical requirements.
- Drive and manage actively the pre-sales process in collaboration with the sales team.
- Deliver customer demonstrations, benchmarks, training and technical pre-sales support.
- Support the sales team for technical qualification and support them with in depth technical expertise.
- Best practice usage of the equipment for internal and external customers.
- Project Management during each phase of the project.
- Providing first line support for customers until buy off of system.
- Understand market trend and identify business opportunity.
- Preparing presentations and presenting at conferences or webinars
- Promoting the products and solutions at exhibitions and conferences.
- Delivering content for marketing actions
- Working independently to initially address customer issues.
- Coordinating repairs with the service department.
- Helping to develop innovative ideas together with engineering.
- High degree of IT literacy.
- Knowledge and experience of metrology.
- Proven experience with customer interaction.
- Proficient in English and local language depending on the working area.
- Driving license.
- Bachelor or Master degree in technical engineering.
- experience in a similar position
- Computer programming experience beneficial
- Knowledge and experience of CAD/simulation beneficial
- Practically competent (can use tools as well as a computer).
- Commercial feeling – ability to understand customers’ needs
- Ability to read technical drawings and understand technology
- Excellent presentation skills
- High sense of responsibility and initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Valid Driving License
- Broad minded and well informed in order to act quickly and resolutely
- Be creative in finding solutions for our customers’ problems
- Commitment to Customer Excellence and be effective in resolution of customer issues
Seek new knowledge
- Pioneer new potential through self-study and insatiable curiosity
- Eager to learn high-tech technologies
- Share expertise with others / able to train other people
- Harmonize diverse skills by thinking out of the box and communicating effectively with others
- Listen to the customer requirements
- Listen to and analyze the customer requirements and come up with proved & verified solutions
- Work with diligence and sincerity as a responsible individual
- Treat others with respect
- Welcome and value different talents, perspectives and diverse cultures
- Avoid stereotypes and prejudices
Working environment : Physical requirements
The function of Application Engineer will require travel all around the country/territory and stay overnight (occasionally on short notice) and occasionally abroad if required.
The person should be capable of normal physical work (lifting and moving equipment in and out of cars / vans) and be prepared to help out wherever is required for successful delivery of projects.
Why Nikon Metrology?
At Nikon Metrology, our success is achieved by our employees. Clearly defined common goals, objectives, and priorities, create a foundation to work with pride and confidence. Our employees highly value the supportive and collaborative working environment and we share our passion for technology and innovation.
Please complete the form below and attach your CV.